Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fault Line: A NovelFault Line: A Novel by Barry Eisler
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This has one of the best first lines I've read in a long time - "The last thing Richard Hilzoy thought before the bullet entered his brain was, things are really looking up." That start is followed by a fast-paced story of espionage over a software program designed by the man who dies in the first sentence. The characters were well developed, believable, and I cared about each one of them. The dynamic between the two brothers and how they deal with the skeletons in the family closet was a wonderful backdrop to the main plot line. As they struggled to deal with old wounds I understood why each character was hurt and reacting they way they did. Not being able to pick sides kept the tension of their relationship fresh throughout the book. This is my first Eisler novel, but I'm definitely reading the sequel to this book "Inside Out" and will probably add one of his older books to the ever increasing "to read" pile.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment